*This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links.
Imagine a peanut butter cookie so delicious that it had the power to make someone propose to you. To make people dance with joy. To make woodland creatures break out into song.
Okay.. so I know it sounds dramatic and a little over-the-top, but it’s true. Well two of those three things happened when I made these peanut butter cookies. You can figure out which two.
This recipe has only 4 ingredients. That’s right, just 4 ingredients. Let’s get to it.
No, that is not a misprint. There is NO FLOUR in this recipe.
This means that it’s gluten-free. For those who aren’t gluten-free, it also just means that these are extra peanut buttery and delicious.
Mix all the ingredients until combined and the sugar is properly incorporated.
Roll the dough into small to medium sized balls. I like to use a cookie scooper because it’s faster and makes them all around the same size. I then roll them to look smoother, but they don’t have to be perfect.
In this next step take a fork and press it into each cookie 2 times, to create a criss-cross/cross-hatch pattern as seen below. The dough is fairly thick so it doesn’t spread much. The other alternative is to press them down with the palm of your hand just a little bit.
Place the cookies on a lightly greased sheet or a silicone baking mat similar to the one I used. Place the cookies into a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
When they come out of the oven they are very soft. Let them sit on the cookie sheet for an additional two minutes to firm up before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
As if these peanut butter cookies aren’t good enough on their own, you can also press a Hershey kiss in the center of each one as soon as they come out of the oven. They melt slightly and make them look even more elegant. Great for parties and the holidays.
Let me know if you get any marriage proposals. At the very least you’ll have some people dancing for joy.
4 Ingredient Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1) Mix together all the ingredients until combined and the sugar is fully incorporated.
2) Using a cookie scooper or spoon, scoop the dough into small to medium sized balls. Roll them until smooth.
3) Using a fork, create a criss-cross pattern on each cookie. Or use the palm of your hands to slightly press down each cookie.
4) Place the cookies on a greased cookie sheet or silicone baking mat. Place into oven preheated at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5) Bake cookies 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown. Let cookies sit on baking sheet approximately 2 minutes to set. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool.